UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS THE CHILDREN’S CENTRES WILL BE CLOSED
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
If you urgently need any advice or support during this time please call
07583143624 for Westy, Sunshine Children’s Centres & Youth Café
07780494230 for The Orchard, Sandy Lane Children’s Centres & Orford Youth Base
07775024920 for Great Sankey & Little Stars Children’s Centres
BETWEEN 9.00 - 5.00PM (MONDAY – FRIDAY)
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT THE FOOD BANK PLEASE RING – 07583080521
If you have any safeguarding concerns please call
the MASH Team on 01925 443400 (9:00 – 5:00pm)
or First Response Team for aged over 18 is 01925 443322
Out of Hours - Emergency number for WBC - 01925 444400
Children’s centres in Warrington provide services for young children (0-5, and up to 10) and their families. We offer a variety of play and development opportunities, childcare, health advice and guidance, family support and parenting advice.
Services are regularly reviewed and developed in each area to meet the needs of local families. Children’s centre services may include:
- Crèches to support adult education and respite for family support
- Adult education courses to gain qualifications and skills
- Ante natal and post-natal care, including midwifery sessions (Parentcraft, rolling programme), health visitor advice, baby massage
- Advice from a range of professionals such as Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB), Health Visitors, Family Support Workers, Parent Partnership
- Volunteering opportunities
- Stay and Play sessions for parents/carers and their children.
The core purpose of children’s centres is to improve outcomes for young children and their families and reduce inequalities between families in greatest need and their peers in:
- child development and school readiness
- parenting aspirations and parenting skills
- child and family health and life chances.
Participation in the service is through a registration process operated directly by centres and promoted by stakeholders. Families are encouraged to register and access services at their most local centre, as each centre is designed to meet the needs of those living in its immediate community and is measured by results.
Details of each children’s centre and the latest timetables are listed below. Timetables are subject to change so we strongly advise contacting your nearest centre before attending.
The Orchard Children's Centre WA2 0JP
Sandy Lane Children's Centre WA2 9HY
Sunshine Children's Centre WA2 7RQ
Westy Children's Centre WA4 1RE
Great Sankey Children's Centre WA5 1SB
Little Stars Children's Centre WA5 0JG
This Warrington Children's Centre Strategy sets out our plans over the next three years for how the Service and its parnter organisations will work with families and children within this Early Help context.