Please note - this information has been extracted from the Cheshire Police website.
For Non-Emergency Dial 101
In an Emergency always dial 999
Always use 999 in an emergency. Our 999 call handlers strive to answer all calls within 10 seconds. Dial 999 if:
- there is a danger to life
- violence is used or threatened
- a serious crime (violent crime/burglary) is in progress or likely to occur
- a suspect for a serious crime is nearby
- there is a road traffic collision involving personal injury or danger to other road users
- a vulnerable person needs urgent attention
For non-urgent calls, ring 101. Using 999 for general enquiries may delay response to someone who needs urgent assistance. Non-urgent calls are when:
- You want to report a crime or criminal damage that is not in progress at the time of your call
- You want to report a minor road traffic collision
- You want to contact your local police officer
- You want to enquire about lost property or provide information to the police
- You need information or advice
Cheshire Constabulary was founded in 1857 and serves a population of over one million people spread across a geographic area measuring 919 square miles. Cheshire encompasses areas of great diversity, from large rural expanses to areas of extensive heavy industry and urban areas including Chester and Warrington with their vibrant commercial, retail and leisure facilities.
Cheshire is a place where pockets of extreme wealth contrast with areas which are amongst the most deprived 10% of locations in the country. The county is also home to 53,108 students between the ages of 16 and 74. Both the University of Chester and Manchester Metropolitan University have major campuses in the county.
Cheshire shares its borders with two major metropolitan areas; Manchester and Liverpool and the international airports that serve these cities are within close proximity. More than 200 miles of motorway and the West Coast Mainline railways run through the county.
Who to contact
Alternative telephone: 999
Where to go
Cheshire Police Headquarters
- CW7 2UA