Homelessness and Housing Advice Service
The Homelessness and Housing Advice Service offers a wide range of free services for owner-occupiers, tenants who are renting their homes from social or private landlords, private landlords and people who have lost or are in danger of losing their homes. The aim is to prevent homelessness before it happens.
Free, confidential and independent information, help and advice ia available to everyone living in Warrington who may have housing problems.
They also provide a range of housing and homelessness services including:
- Access to private rented sector
- Sanctuary scheme
- Access to hostels and supported housing
- Initial contact services for Under One Roof and Golden Gates Housing Trust
- Disabled Facilities Grants and Disabled Facilities Agency Service
- Houses in multiple occupation
- Property inspections for immigration purposes
- Home energy efficiency advice
- Housing grants and assistance
- Local authority mortgage scheme
- Advice on renting out your home
- Poor housing conditions
- Empty dwellings
- Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme (CLAS) and Landlord Forum
- Harassment and illegal eviction
For information about applying for social housing visit the Under One Roof website. Please note not all housing associations advertise their properties through Under One Roof you may wish to contact the associations directly.
Who to contact
Housing Advice Service: 01925 246868
If you have an emergency out-of-hours, call 01925 444400
- Parent organisation
- Warrington Borough Council
Where to go
89-101 The Gateway
- WA1 1SR
Time / date details
- Session Information
We now open Monday to Friday 10am to 12pm and 2pm to 4pm
- Age ranges
- All age groups
- Referral required
- Referral details
You can contact us to make an appointment to see one of our housing advisors, or come to our drop-in service.
You'll be seen by an advisor who will provide an initial assessment of your housing needs to ensure that you receive the best service possible.
If you're unable to attend our offices because of illness or disability, we can provide home visits. – we cannot provide home visits at this time
- Local/National Service?